Share your passion
We believe healthy, happy employees are the key to our company’s success. Since 2013, Kale Chef Service has catered over 1k events.
Our goal is to help improve and simplify the lives of our clients with time-saving meal solutions, made with love, using the highest quality ingredients available.
Kale Chef Service is a Scottsdale-based gourmet catering company offering full service and catering delivery or pickup. We are a farm-to-table caterer with a focus on seasonal and scratch cooking techniques. We believe the best meals start with real food, whole ingredients.
As an event chef, you will be responsible for assisting the kitchen team in the production and packaging of food for our catering services. Working directly with the Sous Chef.
In addition to preparing food, the event chef is responsible for transporting and setting up catering services for events. Ensuring everything that is needed is loaded into the company catering van. The Event Chef will set up events according to company standards.
Some events will require the Event Chef to stay throughout and clean up after, break down the catering setup, and load the company van back up. Return to the kitchen and unload any refrigerated items back into the kitchen.
The schedule will vary from week to week depending on the needs of the business. This position requires evening and weekend availability. Working with the kitchen team with event prep during the weekday, and attending events that may occur during the day, afternoon and evening, and weekends. We will provide 2 consecutive days off, per week, more than likely Sunday and Monday.
Start Date: ASAP
- Job Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a scratch kitchen
- Strong attention to detail
- Clean driving record
- Strong time management skills
- Clean background check
- Ability to stand for 8+ hours a day
- Ability to lift 40lbs+
- Professional and approachable demeanor
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently or as a part of the team
Compensation & Benefits
- Company Cell Phone
- Competitive annual salary
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Complimentary Meals During Work
Kale Personal Chef Services is a rapidly growing organic catering company based in Scottsdale. We provide gourmet, organic prepared meals through in-home preparation or delivery. Our goal is to assist our customers in making smarter, healthier choices when it comes to feeding themselves and their families.
We’re seeking experienced line cooks to join our growing team.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7 am – 3:30 pm (30 minute lunch break)
- Wash, prepare, chop, cook and produce food in accordance with the company standards
- Weigh, portion, and follow recipes and/or the company’s meal prep standards
- Assemble, portion, label, and package food
- Assist with maintaining a clean and organized kitchen which includes cleaning and sanitizing work station, washing dishes, taking out the garbage, sweeping, mopping, and working with the team to keep the kitchen in clean working condition at all times
- Legal to work in the U.S.
- Ability to stand for 8 hours a day
- Work in an environment with climate changes (warm/hot while working the line, cold walk-in fridge/freezer)
- Have 2+ years of experience working in a scratch kitchen
- A positive “can-do” attitude
- Current food handlers certificate
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive hourly salary
- Weekly direct deposit
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
Complete the employment application below, please allow 10-15 minutes to complete.
Kale Personal Chef Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Kale Personal Chef Services offers a variety of benefits for part-time and full-time employees.
All employees receive a weekly paycheck via direct deposit.
Gratuity + Bonuses
All employees are eligible for bonuses for referrals, exceeding sales goals or at the company’s discretion. In-Home Cooks may also be elgible for gratuity for certain services and at clients discretion.
Employees can purchase our meal programs at special employee rates.
Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
Voluntary insurance benefits are available to employees who work on average 35 hrs per week.