Since temps have been reaching 100°F+ daily, I’ve been starting my day with an early morning walk. Once home, I make breakfast and this breakfast is super simple to make, delicious and keeps me satisfied until lunch. Feel free to play around with toppings.
I like to keep added sugar to a minimum and if you’re not familiar with coconut palm sugar, it’s a great sweetener that is also low glycemic. The sugar is added to help balance the bitterness of the cacao powder. Keep in mind, there is natural sugar in fruit, so feel free to omit the added coconut palm sugar.
Breakfast Chocolate Sprouted Oat Bowl
- Small Pot
- Small Skillet
- Spoon or Spatula
- .25 cup Sprouted Steel Cut Oats can use non-sprouted oats
- .5 cup Filtered Water
- 1 tbsp Cacao Powder
- .5 oz Chia Seeds
- .5 cup Fresh Strawberries
- 1.5 tsp Coconut Chips
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- Add water to a saucepan and bring to simmer. Once simmering add oats.
- Let oats cook covered for 10-15 mins or until softened but al dente (still has a bite, not mushy)
- In a separate pan on medium-low heat, add coconut chips and watch closely for browning (about 1 minute)
- Stir in cacao powder, sugar, extract, and chia seeds to oat mixture.
- Pour oats into a bowl and top with remaining ingredients.